Close to airport for a brief overnight stay, we were in and out in approx. 12 hours. Welcome package included bottles of water and microwave popcorn. Comfortable bed, we did not eat breakfast as it did not start until 7AM. Convenient airport shuttle that runs every 3 minutes.
Located in the heart of Miami, this hotel is 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from Magic City Casino and 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from Miracle Mile …More
"Great potential, few tweaks & it will be excellent"
- near public transportation
- food good if expensive
- staff knowledgeable, courteous
- room spacious, clean, new, well appointed in modern style
- stocked mini bar, huge TV comfy bed
- large closet with iron and ironing board
- bathroom new (textured wall paper) quality amenities kit
- rain shower head plus handheld - easy temp controls
- thoughtful design does notleave the floor soaked in water after a shower
- motion sensing light for the toilet
-out of the way of nightlife and shopping
- sound proofing between room and corridor, room and road is not up to par ( fairly easy to fix the sealing on the large windows)
- horrid patch of turf right infront of the hotel. ( am sure the city will allow some scaping to something more attractive)
-the main entrance door is rather non descript and not very welcoming almost as though one were entering the service door...this can and should be fixed.
Located in Brickell, this hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Mary Brickell Village and Miami Convention Center. Vizcaya Museum …More
I had a lovely visit at Palmieras Beach Club. The room was large and lovely, with a spacious balcony and a beautiful view. The entire property was gorgeous and well-maintained. Be aware that the services on the property are closed on Mondays so you need to be prepared to dine out off Grove Isle.
The only real opportunities for improvement I encountered were:
1) Since all services are closed on Mondays (I stayed Saturday - Tuesday), they should provide suggestions for places to dine or places that deliver food, and also some places to go or things to do nearby.
2) They charge an early check-in fee of $60. I arrived around 10:30am and check-in starts at 2:00pm. They offered me the option of relaxing at the pool or in one of the beautiful common area until my room was ready, which I appreciated. However they also told me that my room was, in fact ready, but they would still have to charge me if I wanted to get in there before 2:00. I understand the need to charge an early check-in fee if someone requests extra efforts be made to access the room early, but it was very hard to understand that the room was ready, unoccupied , clean and released by housekeeping, and yet I would have to pay extra if I wanted to be in there earlier than 2:00pm.
I would (and have!) strongly recommend Palmieras Beach Club. I had a lovely, relaxing visit and fully intend to go back.
Traveller from Brooklyn (formerly of Coconut Grove FL)
Located in Coconut Grove, this spa hotel is within 2 mi (3 km) of Kennedy Park, Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, and Patricia And …More
Very friendly staff who always welcomed me back and helped with directions. The room was a little small but it was always cleaned properly and the 42" flat screen made up for the size. The hotel was in walking distance to plenty of restaurants, CVS, and a Ross store. You're also a 15 minute walk to Brickell (the nicer side of downtown) which has shopping (Saks Fifth etc.), more dining, and decent nightlife.
Located in Downtown Miami, this hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Miami-Dade County Courthouse and Miami Convention Center …More
Key Biscayne is accessible via the Rickenbacker Causeway and by boat. Visitors can dock at the Key Biscayne Yacht Club, which hosts races and regattas. Aside from pristine beaches, Crandon Park and Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park feature tropical flora and fauna. The state park’s lighthouse is the county’s oldest standing structure. The Miami Seaquarium is north of Key Biscayne on Virginia Key.