The friendly staff is why I'd return, but here's reasons why I wouldn't return:
1) NO breakfast. NONE. Not even toast and fruit. Not even cereal and milk. Nada.
2) No free WiFi in the room, unless you're a rewards member. You can go down stairs and sit in the lobby and use
it for free. Guess that should count for something. But it doesn't. However, it's worth mentioning, you can ask to
become a rewards member at no cost just to use the WiFi.
3) $15 to park! I understand this is common is some bigger cities, such as NY; but many WV hotels have parking
included in the price of the hotel room. WV has just traditionally been more hospitable in this regard. Not the
4) Unless you want to pay $3.50 for water, be prepared to use tap water to make your coffee/tea in your room.
5) Don't forget your Q-tips and cotton balls. They're not included with the tiny shampoo, conditioner and body wash
you'll find on the bathroom counter. Considering the cost of the room, I didn't pack mine because I assumed
(shame on me) they'd be at the hotel.
Now, on the bright side:
1) As I said, the staff were all fabulous -- from the front desk check-in folks to the restaurant hostess to the parking
attendants. Friendly and beautiful.
2) And the shower! My word! The shower pressure was phenomenal, and I didn't have to spend 30 minutes trying to
figure it out.
3) Location! The mall and civic center are directly across from the hotel. Perfect!
Situated in Charleston, this hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Charleston Civic Center and Charleston Town Center Mall …More
My husband and I took our 16 year old son here for the weekend. It was a guys retreat with a Mom hanging around. We loved the Shooting Academy, golf course near Falling Rock, mini golf and more. We stayed in the lodge, which was under construction but the front desk was very accommodating. There is a lot going on here -- almost a Disney World in the PA mountains -- could be too much of this and that at times, but all in all, this was a great experience. I know the resort is well known for its fine dining; we wish the food in the Tavern was better and that there were more breakfast options. We'll return again and try out visiting during other seasons.
Traveller from Maryland
Situated in Farmington, this resort is within 12 mi (20 km) of Cucumber Falls, Kentuck Knob, and Fallingwater. Laurel Caverns …More
We had evacuated because of hurricane Matthew and were returning home from Ohio. Knowing there had been considerable damage to our home, we were in no hurry. Our dog was with us and we wanted to enjoy another day away from the destruction. We were in Beckley, WV and I checked for a pet-friendly hotel.
We were truly delighted with The Glades, have been telling friends about it, and plan to return!
Traveller from south carolina
Located near the slopes, this Daniels resort is within 6 mi (10 km) of Someplace Special Gem Mine and Little Beaver State …More