I've made numerous trips to Moscow in the past 20 years and only wish I would have discovered this hotel sooner. Great staff, great facilities and an excellent location. No negatives...just a wonderful experience at a great price.
Traveller from Corpus Christi, TX
Situated on the waterfront, this hotel is 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from Lokomotiv Stadium and within 6 mi (10 km) of Komsomolskaya …More
I would like to start my review by denying all other negative comments that talk about dirty rooms and dirty atmosphere ..
My general comments about my stay ( 5 nights x 3 suite rooms ) there is :
1) great building .. very nice lobby
2) reception staff were tough and never smile especially the old aged ladies .. not once .. everytime
3) rooms was nice .. clean .. homemade staff very nice
4) alot of bars and restaurants inside .. club .. karaoke.. bet club .. which means you don't need to go out of hotel sometimes
5) I pay alot for parking my car while I had 3 suites reserved .. we shouldn't pay for parking .. or at least lower the price .. I don't need to pay everytime I go out .. one fixed price for all day
6) moscow is full of beautiful girls .. and if you are there girls will be friendly to you and try to talk to you and some of them for sex and that's not only in this hotel .. it's everywhere .. but management control it in a very good way that they don't allow them to pass security line to guest rooms unless you want it
7) machines for snacks and drinks everywhere in floors .
So in general am very satisfied but I wish they can fix my negative comments especially reception should always smile whatever the customer need .. and the parking
Traveller from California
Moscow's enormous Cosmos Hotel sits along the major thoroughfare, Mira Prospect, and is a 20-minute drive from the city …More
I stay in this hotel when I come to visit my parents.
Back in early 90s, Aystrians built a decent 4-star hotel which so "not Soviet" at the time.
Now it IS outdated: only semi-lux and luxury rooms have AC, most standard rooms don't even have a refrigerator. A spa complex downstairs is a biting a silver lining, though, and food in its two restaurants is decent. Breakfast is plentiful and has crepes and small cabbage pies in addition to the standard buffet. I wish they varied the menu: after several day of the same breakfast you truly want a different vegetable or a pastry.
Staff is great and tries to make it up: Maksim at the reception, Irina at the "Under the Sun" restaurant and amazing cleaning ladies (Oksama for one) who go out of their way.
The hotel is a five-minute walk from another decent cafe "Le Chat" on the other side of the park- lunch or dinner and AC.
The hotel is Cina-friendly which means it takes up to three buses daily. Elevators then become an issue.
Excellent home style food at the bar, 24 hour room service- all good.
However, it's on the opposite side of the historic center which makes evening strolls to the Kremlin, the heart of the city, close to impossible.
Look at the map before you book it......
Traveller from Greater N Y area
Located in the heart of Veliky Novgorod, this hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Antoniev Monastery and Church of Theodore …More