My wife has a gluten allergy and is very ill even if there is just slight contamination. The hotel staff made the restaurant aware and they took special care of her each time she entered the restaurant. The menu lists meals for allergies and diets, just like in Europe. We did not expect this in China, brilliant. They even made gluten free Bread each day for her, but if you also have a lupin flower allergy it's wise to check if it is ok for you still. Outside the meals the hotel is elegant and grand and very handy for getting to the Forbidden city and Tianamen square are only 15 mins direct walk on the same road. the staff speak good English and are extremely helpful. If you can afford it take the hotel airport pick up and you are met at the plane entrance and escorted through the airport. If you want a high quality and friendly hotel this is the one to choose.
Traveller from UK
Located within the Wangfujing shopping district and surrounded by many tourist attractions, this two-tower hotel is a less …More
We stayed 4 days during Chinese New Year and had a wonderful experience. Very dedicated, attentive staff.
The room was spacious, modern. The bathroom was large and had a great "spa" feel and layout. It also was quiet and peaceful which is nice after a long day. The hotel has a very good restaurant, China Grill with stunning view of the city.
Traveller from Paris, France
Located in Beijing Central Business District, this luxury hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of China World Trade Center and CCTV …More
This hotel is just simply fabulous.
1. The design is great in 'art deco' style.
2. Staff were so friendly and helpful. It really counted that we were residents and got great tables via Concierge two nights running at the 12th floor terrace bar. This hasn't always been the case on our travels
3. Food was fabulous. Breakfast had great choices with really top quality food. The blueberry pancakes were just to die for along with the Eggs Benedict
4. The view of the Shanghai terrace bar was just incredible. This has to be the world's best skyline at night. We went to New York last year and this just knocks spots off it.....
5. Room was lovely. Very spacious and had a great system for controlling everything from air con to radio to lighting system etc. The toiletries are great (Oscar de la Renta). Like most guests i'm sure a few found their way back to England and when we use them it just transports us back to Shanghai!
6. Location is great. It's just 5 minutes walk, if that from the Bund, which is the main thoroughfare on the river that most tourists go to.
Everything about this place just oozes absolute quality. It's grand but does not have the stuffiness and formality of some of the grand London hotels.I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Shanghai. I read somewhere that it has been voted best Asian city hotel two years running and this doesn't surprise me at all.
Traveller from Eastbourne, East Sussex
Located in Downtown Shanghai, this luxury hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Waibaidu Bridge and The Bund. Pudong Riverside …More