There's no better location than this hotel. Walking distance to the forbidden city and to the shopping area. Located on the most historical road, the hotel is part of history itself. On that note, the hotel rooms do seem a tad bit old but the hotel staff is so nice. Be careful of tuk tuk drivers. They agreed to 40 RMB for two but when we arrived, he changed to 40 per person.
Located within the Wangfujing shopping district and surrounded by many tourist attractions, this two-tower hotel is a less …More
We stayed 4 days during Chinese New Year and had a wonderful experience. Very dedicated, attentive staff.
The room was spacious, modern. The bathroom was large and had a great "spa" feel and layout. It also was quiet and peaceful which is nice after a long day. The hotel has a very good restaurant, China Grill with stunning view of the city.
Traveller from Paris, France
Located in Beijing Central Business District, this luxury hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of China World Trade Center and CCTV …More
From the moment you enter the Peninsula, you are greeted by a staff that is dedicat to making your stay as comfortably as possible. Kurt, the manager, is the epitome of this. Kurt arranges all you need to make your stay perfect. For my wife and I, he was invaluable. From arranging cars to getting us reservations at the best places, Kurt was so great. he made our stay in Beijing perfect. The Peninsula is a great, great place to stay. Staff like Kurt makes it even more so.
Traveller from Beverly Hills, CA
Rising behind Chinese pagoda gates, this 14-story hotel is within the Forbidden City cultural district, adjacent to …More
This hotel is just simply fabulous.
1. The design is great in 'art deco' style.
2. Staff were so friendly and helpful. It really counted that we were residents and got great tables via Concierge two nights running at the 12th floor terrace bar. This hasn't always been the case on our travels
3. Food was fabulous. Breakfast had great choices with really top quality food. The blueberry pancakes were just to die for along with the Eggs Benedict
4. The view of the Shanghai terrace bar was just incredible. This has to be the world's best skyline at night. We went to New York last year and this just knocks spots off it.....
5. Room was lovely. Very spacious and had a great system for controlling everything from air con to radio to lighting system etc. The toiletries are great (Oscar de la Renta). Like most guests i'm sure a few found their way back to England and when we use them it just transports us back to Shanghai!
6. Location is great. It's just 5 minutes walk, if that from the Bund, which is the main thoroughfare on the river that most tourists go to.
Everything about this place just oozes absolute quality. It's grand but does not have the stuffiness and formality of some of the grand London hotels.I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Shanghai. I read somewhere that it has been voted best Asian city hotel two years running and this doesn't surprise me at all.
Traveller from Eastbourne, East Sussex
Located in Downtown Shanghai, this luxury hotel is within a 15-minute walk of The Bund and Pudong Riverside Promenade and …More