The hotel is about three minutes walk away from the City Hall subway station. It is also about five minutes away from Ruffles City, a shopping mall with many eateries, which offer a good range of choices. I ate most of my meals there while in Singapore.
The hotel is in a quiet location. However, one side of the hotel currently faces a construction site. It is a bit noisy during daytime. After 6:00pm the work stops and the surrounding area becomes very quiet.
Traveller from Hong Kong
Peninsula Excelsior Hotel places guests on the eastern fringe of Canning Park, and a 6-minute drive from the Singapore Flyer …More
We had a very pleasant stay at Carlton Hotel in July. The best thing about this hotel is the location - it is right in the middle of the city and is only a short trip to everywhere really! Walking distance to a few stations which makes travelling by train very easy; or cheap taxi fares given its close to all main attractions. Right opposite Raffles City Mall - which has nice breakfast / brunch places, and good shops. Walking distance to Bugis, Orchard Road, Clarke Quay, Arab Street, etc.
Staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. Mr Ali at the concierge was particularly helpful.
Hotel is amazing inside - looks very classy and comfortable.
The rooms were renovated less than 2 years ago, so are modern and clean.
1) The bathroom is somewhat "open plan" with no locks. Good for couples, not so good for sharers
2) The "open plan" means you basically enter the room via the bathroom which isn't great. Moreover the wrong tiles have been used in that "open plan" vanity area which makes the floor very slippery if any water gets spilled around the sink
3) No bath robes provided which is very unusual for a 4/5 hotel. It is the only hotel in my 5 city break where no bath robes have been provided
4) Power cut at night and had to get electrician to come sort out
5) Very poor hairdryer. It's the tiny hairdryers which you get in 1-2 star hotels and they stop working after every 5 mins (to cool down). Expected a lot more from Carlton
Traveller from London
The hotel is strategically located in the heart of Singapore just a few steps from Suntec City International Exhibition & …More