This hotel is just simply fabulous.
1. The design is great in 'art deco' style.
2. Staff were so friendly and helpful. It really counted that we were residents and got great tables via Concierge two nights running at the 12th floor terrace bar. This hasn't always been the case on our travels
3. Food was fabulous. Breakfast had great choices with really top quality food. The blueberry pancakes were just to die for along with the Eggs Benedict
4. The view of the Shanghai terrace bar was just incredible. This has to be the world's best skyline at night. We went to New York last year and this just knocks spots off it.....
5. Room was lovely. Very spacious and had a great system for controlling everything from air con to radio to lighting system etc. The toiletries are great (Oscar de la Renta). Like most guests i'm sure a few found their way back to England and when we use them it just transports us back to Shanghai!
6. Location is great. It's just 5 minutes walk, if that from the Bund, which is the main thoroughfare on the river that most tourists go to.
Everything about this place just oozes absolute quality. It's grand but does not have the stuffiness and formality of some of the grand London hotels.I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Shanghai. I read somewhere that it has been voted best Asian city hotel two years running and this doesn't surprise me at all.
Traveller from Eastbourne, East Sussex
Located in Downtown Shanghai, this luxury hotel is within a 15-minute walk of The Bund and Pudong Riverside Promenade and …More
We read a mixed set of reviews expecting it to be beautiful but musty, but instead were treated to a lovely and creatively designed room, very clean furnishings and lovely staff! We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay of three nights here, it's in a safe and good district, and the hotel itself has a very pleasant atmosphere. Sometimes the amenities were not completely well furbished, but we only had to notify the staff and they very quickly and courteously helped us out.
Traveller from Singapore
Located in Shibei, this hotel is within 2 mi (3 km) of Hisense Plaza, May Fourth Square, and Olympic Sailing Museum.More
This place is a little gem. The rooms are tastefully turned out, with great attention to detail. The staff is great and so is the restaurant. It's a pleasant, 30-minute hike over a well-trod mountain to West Lake.
Located in West Lake, this spa hotel is 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from Baopu Taoist Temple and 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from West Lake. Yellow …More